Friday 27 March 2015

Obedience


This is my first time participating in the Blessed Is She Blog Link Up, and as my first blog post-being new to blogging this seems like a great way to start. As I read through many of the posts last week on the theme of Trust I found myself examining where I need to trust God more in my life and I found the fruit of trusting God is obedience. This week in the church we celebrated The Feast of the Annunciation and this is the most important and perfect example of obedience that I can ponder upon. In this crucial moment to the whole history of salvation, Mary chose obedience, without understanding why, and without knowing Gods complete purpose .."Let it be according to thy word". What I find to be so powerful about this moment is Mary chose to say Yes. The angel messenger was not simply informing her of her destiny, It was Mary's free will in this moment to say Yes to Gods Plan for her life which allowed the Lords Plan for Salvation to unfold.

Last August, one of my greatest dreams came through when I married my wonderful husband. This was a day I was thankful for, it was an answer to years of prayer, and often impatient waiting as I strived to trust God. It was a witness to Gods perfect faithfulness in my life. I however had a plan all set up in my mind as to how our first year of marriage would look like, I had many plans and goals to achieve as we set out on our newly married life. I had many desires, musts, shoulds-In fact I had a schedule in mind too as to when everything should happen exactly. Our newly married life is rich in love, joy and blessings in ways beyond what I would ever have imagined, but the last few months have brought many trials, uncertainties and anxieties and life hasn't worked out quite according to MY plan-everything from finances, to buying a home, to finding suitable and stable employment in the midst of a move to a new town have all worked out differently than MY plan. Right now life cannot be exactly according to "MY plan", but for whatever reason God has me exactly where I am for a particular purpose at this time. With many in vain attempts to try and arrange life according to my plans, I am so hopelessly not in control. This life is so much bigger than my weak attempts to control it all. Until such time as God shows me the paths Im waiting for or directs my steps I choose to trust in his sovereignty..God is strong where I am weak, where I am faithless, He is faithful.Inspired by Mary's "Yes" I will strive to choose obedience-To enter fully into my current circumstances and embrace the very life he has given me now in its fullest. Perhaps with humble obedience, even when I don't completely understand-I can allow Gods plan to unfold in my life in His way and in His timing. Let it be according to thy word.

Check out Blessed Is She online for inspiring daily devotional readings  and a supportive community of Catholic women.


1 comment:

  1. Oh the woes of MY plans, I too know them very well. I make plans for everything and get so stressed when they don't play out as I want. I am slowly starting to get better at trusting God to lead me, but it is still slow going. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete